Rules & Terms
Film Submission Requirements
- To submit a film, you must own the rights or have permission from the owner.
- The World Class Film Awards’ relationship will exclusively pertain to the film submitter.
- Any foreign film not in English must include English subtitles. If the film is selected for screening, it must also have local subtitles for that edition.
- You will always retain 100% of all rights to your intellectual property.
- All fees are non-refundable.
- Not all submissions are selected for the official competition. Our judges have the freedom to make their own choices, and no explanations will be provided for films that are not selected.
- The World Class Film Awards reserves the right to disqualify any film if the festival deems its content inappropriate.
- Filmmakers can submit their film in multiple categories to potentially become a multi-award-winning film. However, the selection decision is solely determined by our judging team, and selection is not guaranteed.
- Applicants (submitters) must accept The World Class Film Awards Rules and Terms. All fees are non-refundable. Please note that the program may be subject to change.
- All films submitted will be viewed and judged as part of the festival’s competition.
Selection and Screening
- Only a select number of films will be chosen by the Committee to be screened during The World Class Film Awards 2024. Filmmakers included in the screening will be notified four weeks prior to the event. At this stage, DCP, Spanish subtitles, and availability to attend the Q&A session are mandatory.*
- The selected films will be informed by the Festival in due course, and no films will be screened without the agreement of the director/production.
- Note: Spanish subtitles are a requirement for WCFA Mexico 2024 at this stage.
- Entry fees are charged for administrative purposes only and do not guarantee acceptance or winning any awards.
- Any physical materials sent to the Festival for events must be at the sender’s expense, including postage and import duties.
- Sponsorship and advertising packages are non-refundable and must be paid in advance. We reserve the right to cancel or postpone advertising as per the client’s instructions, but any payments made will not be refunded.
- Attendees are strongly recommended to acquire full or comprehensive Travel Insurance as World Class Film Awards or its partners will not be held responsible for any personal injury, situations, or damages arising from accidents, climatic events, political incidents, or natural disasters that may occur before, during, or after the event.
- It is the responsibility of attendees to inform management of any disabilities that may affect their enjoyment, and reasonable accommodations will be arranged.
- Pop-up banners may be taken by the owner after the event or kept by us for future use, but will be discarded after three months. Please arrange for postage if necessary.
- Please carefully review all information before submitting your project to the festival.
- In the event of technical issues beyond our control, we may need to reschedule the Awards Ceremony and cannot offer refunds.
- Non-attending winners may receive a digital winning certificate upon request, but the statue is only offered free to attending winners. Non-attending filmmakers and authors may purchase the statue if they wish.
- All submissions in personal categories require the name of the person you are registering for the category. You can easily send us this information in the cover letter on the FilmFreeway website; otherwise, your film could be disqualified from that specific category.
Additional Submission Details
- By submitting your movie, you authorize The World Class Film Awards to use, distribute, and share the film poster, trailer, synopsis, and movie stills on our social media platforms (but we do not release the full film or project under any circumstances).
- We do not require premiere status for submissions.
- Submissions DO NOT guarantee selection.
- We highly suggest adding a cover letter to your submission.
- If a feedback option is selected, the entry will be judged, and the submission status will be updated (from Undecided to Selected) within the next 72 hours after your full submission. Please note that this is not a writing review service.
- If no main category is selected in the expedited feedback option, automatically the entry cannot be considered.
- The full submission includes one or more main categories selected in your entry. The feedback is an additional option to be notified if your project is worthy of being included in our Official Selection within 72 hours of receiving your full submission.
- Films submitted with the feedback option without at least one main category will be disqualified, and there will be no refund at this stage.
- All our main categories are listed underneath the feedback option.
- Please note that any DISCOUNT CODES ARE NOT VALID for the purchase of Magazine items on “FilmFreeway”. DISCOUNTS CODES ARE VALID ONLY for submitting films to the festival.
- Remember that payments are non-refundable.
- Winning categories may vary each month depending on the submissions we receive. Categories that do not meet The World Class Film Awards’ standards may be removed.
- If a project is “Selected” for our festival, it will be sent for review to determine whether it will be part of the official selection. If the project does not advance at this stage, the Judging Status cannot be upgraded to “Nominee” for the Official Announcement. If selected for screening, DCP and “local subtitles” will be required, and the submitter will need to meet these requirements.
- The Competition reserves the right to refuse entries, and the Jury can remove a movie from the competition at any time. Entry fees are non-refundable. The individual or corporation submitting the film/script warrants that they are authorized to commit the film for possible screening (private and/or public) and understands and accepts these requirements, rules, and regulations. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless The World Class Film Awards from any claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees and court costs) arising from any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss or damage of the screening videos entered.
- The festival reserves the right to disqualify any submission at any time if there is any question of ownership, copyright infringement, or any sign of disrespect (in any form of media) to the festival or its representatives. When a project is submitted without a poster, trailer, credits, or sometimes without any of the aforementioned materials, the judges may deduct points from the final rating.
- Participants cannot cancel their participation in the competition after the announcement of the official selection.
- All official communications with us must be through email. We are unable to respond to messages through social media platforms due to the high volume of requests.
- If the committee believes that the categories submitted do not meet the competition’s standards, they may be removed. If a film shows potential, it may be assigned to another category based on the Jury and Programmers’ criteria.
- The Official Selection status does not guarantee that your film will be screened at the festival. It means that your film has been appreciated by our Committee, and you are authorized to use the festival logo on your poster.
- Festival dates and times may be subject to delay or change without notice. Please check our FilmFreeway page for deadlines and any other updates.
- Regarding credits on IMDb, please note that only IMDb can approve or reject your submissions. If your nominees/wins are not published, it does not depend on us, and you should report your problem to the official IMDb support community.
- No work or artist will be discriminated against or favored based on their country of origin, language, age, race, education, ideology, sexual orientation, or economic resources. Every content, form, and technique will be considered without censorship.
- It is The World Class Film Awards’ policy not to provide comments and reasons for films that are not selected, results, or program decisions.
- All information, eligibility and submission guidelines, terms, and conditions of entry, and entry information are subject to change by the film contest without notice. By submitting your film/script, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and accepted all rules, regulations, and conditions outlined above.
Before submitting your film, please read carefully all rules and regulations. Entry fees are non-refundable.